Thursday, May 18, 2017

Post Mother's Day Reflections


I’m late. I know Mother’s Day is over, but I’ve been thinking about the meaning of Mother’s Day since Sunday. It seems as though Mother’s Day ushered in spring. It’s been quite chilly in Chicago, but leading up to Mother’s Day the cool weather gradually gave way to a balmy perfect day to honor moms. The sky was clear and the sun shone brightly with the slightest breeze that whispered that all was right in the world. God smiles on mothers. He loves them and so do we.

In 2015, in the United States alone, we spent 21.2 billion dollars for Mother’s Day—up 7% from 2014. Mother’s Day is the third largest retail holiday. We go all out to celebrate the mothers in our lives or to be celebrated if we are mothers ourselves. We do spa days and brunches. We buy flowers and candy and whatever will bring a smile to the face of the woman we know as Mother. Mom. Mama. Nana. Grandma.

My mother is simple. She just wants to see the faces of her children, grandchildren, and great grands. She wants to hear from the ones who live out of town. She loves cards--especially if they contain cash. She likes that we sit down and eat together and catch up. This year we celebrated the old hat mommies and the newbies as well as the matriarch. It was a good day. 

And even though the day was over, what kept coming back to me was how to honor my mother beyond Mother’s Day.  Through nature and nurture, my mother passed on some good stuff. Thanks to her, I think I turned out ok. Though we are different in many ways, I am definitely her child in a lot of ways. She married and had children. I did not. She loved to cook; I love to eat. But she taught compassion and respect. She showed me how to find my inner strength when life has thrown a fast curve and knocked me off my square. There’s so much to love and admire about the woman I call Mama.

Even though I’m a full grown woman, it still makes me feel good to make my mother proud. Every time I bring her an anthology I'm featured in or when I read her something I've written about her, I’m that little girl with the hand drawn picture taped on the refrigerator. I know that I am the woman  I am largely in part to her.

So yea, another Mother’s Day is come and gone, but I have time every day to honor my mother and let the world know what it means to be Mattie's daughter. 


2 comments:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. **SSN LEADS/FULLZ AVAILABLE**

    >For tax filling/return
    >SSN DOB DL all info included
    >For SBA & PUA
    >Fresh spammed & Fresh database

    ***Contact 24/7***
    **Telegram > @leadsupplier
    **ICQ > 752822040
    **Skype > Peeterhacks
    **Wicker me > peeterhacks

    **TOOLS & TUTORIALS AVAILABLE FOR HACKING, SPAMMING,
    CARDING, CASHOUT, CLONING, SCRIPTING ETC**

    Fullz info included
    NAME+SSN+DOB+DL+DL-STATE+ADDRESS
    Employee & Bank details included
    High credit fullz with DL 700+
    (bulk order preferable)
    **Payment in all crypto currencies will be accepted**

    ->You can buy few for testing
    ->Invalid or wrong info will be replaced
    ->Serious buyers contact me for long term business & excellent profit
    ->Genuine & Verified stuff

    TOOLS & TUTORIALS AVAILABLE:

    "SPAMMING" "HACKING" "CARDING" "CASH OUT"
    "KALI LINUX" "BLOCKCHAIN BLUE PRINTS" "SCRIPTING"

    **TOOLS & TUTORIALS LIST**

    =>US CC Fullz
    =>Ethical Hacking Tools & Tutorials
    =>Bitcoin Hacking
    =>Kali Linux
    =>Keylogger & Keystroke Logger
    =>Bulk SMS Sender
    =>Facebook & Google Hacking
    =>Bitcoin Flasher
    =>SQL Injector
    =>Logins Premium (PayPal/Amazon/Coinbase/Netflix/FedEx/Banks)
    =>Bitcoin Cracker
    =>SMTP Linux Root
    =>Shell Scripting
    =>DUMPS with pins track 1 and 2 with & without pin
    =>SMTP's, Safe Socks, Rdp's brute
    =>PHP mailer
    =>SMS Sender & Email Blaster
    =>Cpanel
    =>Server I.P's & Proxies
    =>Viruses & VPN's
    =>HQ Email Combo (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, MSN, AOL, etc.)

    ===>Contact 24/7<===
    ==>Telegram> @leadsupplier
    ==>ICQ> 752822040
    ==>Skype> Peeterhacks
    ==>Wicker me > peeterhacks

    *Serious buyers will always welcome
    *Price will be reduce in bulk order
    *Discount offers will gives to serious buyers
    *Hope we do a great business together

    **You should try at least once**

    ReplyDelete